1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?
I wasn't sure what to expect when I signed up for this online college course; the only other online class I had taken before was an adult ed class on Adobe InDesign. I am in the two year Post Baccalaureate program for Art Education and I'm a busy mom with two young children - I thought that it would be convenient to take one of my courses online so that I could fit it easily in to my busy schedule. My expectations have been met and I've learned even more than I expected to!
2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your initial posting?
While this comes across as a cliché, I have to say that art IS at the heart of just about everything. It's one of the things that elevates us to the top of the evolutionary chain. We react to the world around us, we instinctively react to something that is aesthetically pleasing as well as something that is not. Art is all around us, yet often times it takes the eyes of an artist to see what's around us and give us their interpretation.
3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
I have come to appreciate more visual artists after taking this course, but my favorites haven't changed. My love and inspiration for, and from, the work of Andrew and Jamie Wyeth has changed my life. Yet this course has also rekindled my love for Albrecht Dürer and Duccio di Buoninsegna. I feel that my curiosity about new forms of art and artists has increased also. My eyes are wide open and I love to see, whether it's my 'taste' or not, what is out there in the world of art.
4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?
I think taking an online course is an excellent opportunity, particularly for people like me who are also taking care of a home and a family. I love the flexibility! I am so proud of the things I am now able to do with confidence; I always wanted to create a blog but was intimidated, and I'd never done a PowerPoint presentation either! Know I feel very comfortable with both and plan on using my new skills in future classes and as a future art teacher!
No comments:
Post a Comment